I feel like I am at that age, not a girl but not yet a woman. I feel too old to be chilling with my mates on the streets but where else do we go to catch up? My house is a bit of a mad house and I don’t have my own room so it’s difficult t have friends at mine and my friends feel the same about their homes. A couple of our friends have started drinking in the local pub. They are under age but say the owner doesn’t check people’s I.D. They are all going there this Saturday to catch up but I don’t know if I should risk it. I wrote down pros and cons to help decide.
-Get to see my friends
– Get treated like an adult
– If my family finds out then I’ll be grounded for a month (If not longer!)
– Addiction has been a problem in my family, what if I get addicted to drinking?
– If pub gets raided by police I could get into trouble and might even be blamed if the pub has to get shut down because of underage drinking
– I cant handle my drink and might make an idiot out of myself
-Pubs will be boring by the time I am 18.
So after thinking about it for a while I decided not to go. Instead I have invited my friends out to town for a milkshake in the day time and ordering a take away with family in the evening.